To maintain the freshest Carol’s Cookies possible, we offer the following suggestions:
- Freeze cookies upon arrival unless they’ll be consumed within 48 hours.
- Do NOT put Carol’s Cookies in a cooler or a refrigerator. This will dry out the cookies more quickly.
- Freeze any unused cookies in the freezer bag provided and close the bag tightly with a twist tie.
- To defrost the cookies, please leave them out at room temperature for approximately two hours for that fresh out-of-the-oven taste.
- The cookies can be refrozen twice before they start to lose their moistness.
- Cookies placed in cookie jars or bakery cases maintain their freshness best when stored at room temperature.
- Place a piece of white bread in the jar or case to absorb humidity and help optimize freshness.
- Wrapping the cookies in Saran Wrap or cellophane may help to slightly increase shelf life.
Carol’s Shelf-Life Meter (at ambient temperatures):
3 days — Double Chocolate Brownie Cookie, Chocolate Chip with Walnuts, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
4 days — Chocolate Chip, Candy Cookies, Kitchen Sink, Milk Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Chocolate Combo
5 days — Snickerdoodle, Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry, Oatmeal Raisin with Pecans, Old-Fashioned Sugar, Toffee Chocolate Crunch, Toffee Fudge Brownie
7 days — Plant-Based Chocolate Chip and Plant-Based Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
If you have any questions about maintaining the freshness of our cookies, please contact us.