To maintain the freshest Carol’s Cookies possible, we offer the following cookie care and storage instructions:
- Freeze cookies upon arrival unless they’ll be consumed within 48 hours.
- Do NOT put Carol’s Cookies in a cooler or a refrigerator. This will dry out the cookies more quickly.
- Freeze any unused cookies in the freezer bag provided and close the bag tightly with a twist tie.
- To defrost the cookies, please leave them out at room temperature for approximately two hours for that fresh out-of-the-oven taste.
- The cookies can be refrozen twice before they start to lose their moistness.
- Cookies placed in cookie jars or bakery cases maintain their freshness best when stored at room temperature.
- Place a piece of white bread in the jar or case to absorb humidity and help optimize freshness.
- Wrapping the cookies in Saran Wrap or cellophane may help to slightly increase shelf life.
Carol’s Cookies Shelf-Life Meter (at ambient temperatures):
3 days — Double Chocolate Brownie Cookie, Chocolate Chip with Walnuts, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
4 days — Chocolate Chip, Candy Cookies, Kitchen Sink, Milk Chocolate Chunk, Peanut Butter Chocolate Combo
5 days — Snickerdoodle, Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry, Oatmeal Raisin with Pecans, Old-Fashioned Sugar, Toffee Chocolate Crunch, Toffee Fudge Brownie
7 days — Plant-Based Chocolate Chip and Plant-Based Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Have a question? If you have any questions about maintaining the freshness of our cookies, please contact us.
Want to order cookies? If you would like to order our handmade cookies online, please visit our Order Cookies page.