You don’t want just anyone baking for you- it’s best to leave the cookie making to the professionals! But if you must take it into your own hands, you can learn a thing or two from those that knock their way around the kitchen. Here are our Top 10 Baking Hacks for the Best Cookies.
10. Don’t scoop your flour! Most people take a big scoop of flour out of the container (or pour flour into the container), which results in the flour being packed down more than it should be. Too much flour equals a hard cookie that doesn’t spread. Gently spoon small amounts of flour into your measuring cup and then scrap off the excess. Or better yet- use a scale!
9. Keep cookies soft and moist with an apple wedge in the container! This is a great hack and should be known as well as keeping the avocado pit in your guacamole to keep the brown away!
8. We make sure to always use the freshest ingredients- a little trick that makes sure your cookies taste the best. Test your eggs to see if they’re fresh: Fill a bowl up with cold water and place an egg in it. If the egg sinks, it’s fresh. If it stands on point, it’s good but nearing the expiration date. If the egg floats to the top, toss it.
7. Don’t put away still warm cookies. Letting your cookies cool COMPLETELY ensures that your cookies won’t let moisture fill the container, which gives you soggy, stuck together cookies.
6. If your brown sugar is brick hard, microwave it with a wet paper towel covering it for 20 seconds to soften it up.
5. Keep your kitchen clean by using a paper plate to cover your mixing bowl.
4. Try to keep the weight of your cookies consistent so they bake more evenly. You can use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop. But make sure and spray the scoops with unflavored cooking spray to keep dough from sticking and making your cookies a true match in size. If you notice the dough starts sticking again, simply re-spray!
3. If a recipe calls for softened butter but you’ve forgotten to set the butter out, run a glass over hot water and put it over the butter. It will soften your butter and is easy to watch to make sure your butter doesn’t melt which will have adverse effects to your cookies.
2. Eggshells fall in? A problem we’re all too familiar with since we hand crack eggs for our cookies everyday. Use either a large part of the egg shell or wet your finger and dip it into the bowl, the egg shell fragment will be drawn to the shell or your wet finger making it easier to get out.
The best hack to ensure you’ll have the best cookies in town? Just order some of ours shipped directly to your door. We’ll even make it easier on you, here’s the link: http://www.carolscookies.com/order-cookies/
What’s your favorite baking hack that ensures your best-made cookies? Let us know by emailing: [email protected]